Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Westover command chief selected for 22nd AF

by Master Sgt. Andrew Biscoe
439th Airlift Wing Public Affairs


1/15/2014 - WESTOVER AIR RESERVE BASE, Mass.  -- The Patriot Wing's senior enlisted Airman will soon take the same job -- one level higher in the Air Force Reserve chain of command.

Command Chief Master Sgt. Michael Thorpe will become 22nd Air Force Command Chief Feb. 1, replacing Command Chief Master Sgt. Steven Larwood.

Maj. Gen. Mark Kyle, 22nd AF commander, selected Thorpe for the position at Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.

"As my tenure comes to a close and I move on to 22nd to take on a new role, know that the Patriot Wing will also have a special place in my heart," Thorpe said. "The life lessons I have learned over the past 25 years will serve me well. The most important decision I have ever made in my life was to enlist in the Patriot Wing. The missions may change but there is one constant -- your loyalty and dedication. It has truly been an honor."

Thorpe has been the command chief with the 439th Airlift Wing at Westover since May 2011. He joined the Air Force Reserve in 1988.

No comments: