Tuesday, December 01, 2015

No slack for the boss

by By Tech. Sgt. Efrain Sanchez
156th Airlift Wing Public Affairs


12/1/2015 - CAROLINA, Puerto Rico -- The rules apply to all when it comes to the 156th Airlift Wing Security Forces Squadron issuing a parking ticket to the wing commander Nov. 10, at the medical facility on Air National Guard Base Muñiz.

Security Forces Journeyman Staff Sgt. Gabriel Perez Rivera issued the ticket to Col. Edward L. Vaughan for violation of the base evacuation plan.

"The parking ticket [warning] was issued in accordance to the base evacuation plan, where it stipulates that all vehicles on base must park reverse into the parking spaces," said Rivera. "This allows for a quicker and easier evacuation of vehicles should the need arise."

Col. Vaughan accepted the fact that he did not park in accordance with the base rules and commended Rivera by presenting him with a commander's coin for keeping him accountable.

"I'm showing that I don't expect to get off for free, so I will be donating $100 to the First Sergeants Association on behalf of Rivera," said Vaughan. "I am embarrassed that I broke the rules, but I feel fantastic that the Airmen who work with me are willing to hold me accountable, and that makes the whole organization better."

"I want to send a message to the whole base that no one is above any of our parking rules or how we do things here at the wing," emphasized Vaughan.

No comments: