Friday, July 24, 2015

Logistics Airman hikes for fallen EOD brothers

by Staff Sgt. Benjamin W. Stratton
92nd Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs


7/23/2015 - FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. -- Tech. Sgt. Stacy Trosine, the 92nd Logistics Readiness Squadron flight service center NCO in charge, has been training nearly every day for her 36-day, 710-mile hike along the Pacific Crest Trail on behalf of the EOD Warrior Foundation and her fallen brothers in arms.

She has deployed seven times in her 18-year Air Force career, three of which were to Afghanistan including last year. Except, she says, last year's deployment was different and is the reason she hikes.

"On one of the missions three of our guys got blown up during an ambush and they were sent home," said Trosine. "They really helped me grow and to help me change my life and the way I look at things and I feel this is the least I can do to pay them back and to say thank you."

Check out the rest of her story in the video below and follow her journey here: https://washingtonstatepctthruhiker.wordpress.com/

No comments: