Friday, January 11, 2013

Wee Man salutes Andersen

by Senior Airman Robert Hicks
36th Wing Public Affairs


1/11/2013 - ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam  -- Actor Jason "Wee Man" Acuña visited Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, Jan. 9, as part of his Wee Man Salutes the Service tour.

Airmen and family members came out by the dozens to meet and greet the actor and have their pictures taken with him. While on Andersen, he not only autographed memorabilia, but raffled off prizes and put on a show at the Andersen Skate Park for spectators.

"Today was great," said Capt. Richard Rojas, 36th Wing chaplain. "Anytime you get to bring a celebrity with a talent like skateboarding, which appeals to a broad audience on base, it will always be a success. Events such as this also help raise the morale of not only the Airmen but the family members as well."

Wee Man has been visiting military installations for five years now and expressed the importance of giving back to servicemembers.

"As an American, I wake up every morning a free man," Wee Man said. "For me to be able to wake up and do whatever I want and not worry, knowing we have troops all over the world protecting us makes me appreciate the freedom I have. So in my downtime, I like giving back for what I know is given to me every day."

At the end of his visit, he presented a free showing of his new movie "Elf-Man" to Airmen and their family members at the Meehan Base Theater on Andersen.

No comments: