Thursday, May 09, 2013

Race tests stamina, teamwork

by Cindy Dewey
Air Reserve Personnel Center Public Affairs


5/8/2013 - BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo.  -- Ten military, civilian and contractors from the Air Reserve Personnel Center here gave up one day of their relaxing weekend to participate in the Spartan Race at Fort Carson, May 4. A Spartan Race is a 5K obstacle course race designed to test resilience, stamina, quick decision making skills, and the ability to laugh in the face of adversity.

"It was the most fun and challenging time I had in a long time; definitely worth it," said Louis Deanda. "As team captain, the most rewarding part was seeing everyone work together as a team helping each other get through some really tough obstacles and seeing everyone on the team finish. I'm excited about next year's race and hope we get more participants to join the fun."

"The only thing I got to say is that it was the most mentally and physically challenging thing I have done in my life!," said Staff Sgt. Kyle Carpenter. "I can honestly say there were times I wanted to quit but I just kept going!"

It seems the consensus of the team is that they can't wait until next year. The next competition is May 3, 2014

No comments: