Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Airman Spotlight: SrA Eric Gomez Sein

by Staff Reports
51st Fighter Wing Public Affairs


3/11/2014 - OSAN AIR BASE, Republic of Korea --

Unit: 51st Maintenance Squadron

Job title: Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) Technician

Job description and its impact on the overall mission: As a PMEL technician I have the unique ability to impact the mission of more than 100 Owning Work Centers spread out all over the peninsula. This varies from our primary mission, keeping aircraft operational, to many secondary missions like providing support to the hospital, commissary, civil engineering, and Transportation Management Office (TMO).

Time in the military: Three years

Time at Osan: Three months

DEROS: Nov. 2014

Family: Mother, father, four older sisters, and one older brother.

Hometown: Orlando, Fla.

Hobbies: Lifting weights, playing video games, radio controlled cars, and playing pool.

Why did you join the military? I honestly felt like I had no direction in my life, like I was wasting my time accomplishing nothing. I walked into a recruiter's office wanting a physically demanding job, but I scored pretty high on my ASVAB, so they recommended PMEL. I'm glad they did as I enjoy it!

Where do you see yourself in 10 or 20 years? Giving coins to Airmen for a job well done.

What do you do for fun here? Play pool and barbeque with my fellow flight members.

What's your favorite Air Force memory or story? Chief Master Sgt. Craig Neimann, my previous Flight Chief, coined me.

What accomplishment are you most proud of? On a personal scale, I finally achieved my goal of flat benching over 300 lbs. I threw up 305 like it was nothing. On a professional scale, I was recognized by my peers as the MPOY for the 86th MXS at Ramstein Air Base. That particular PMEL is the AF's largest and winning that award sort of justified the hard work I put in. However, most recently here at Osan I was able to take part in a Maintenance Repair Team in which we went down to Kimhae Airport (southern tip of South Korea) to repair and certify their 10K lb pallet scale. This scale enables 3,350 short tons of cargo per year to pass through the peninsula, and it was down for roughly two years!

Who are your role models? Mr. Steve Reesman (SSgt Reesman), Eielson AFB PMEL Flight Chief.

No comments: